Communicator, the official journal of Indian Institute of Mass Communication, is one of the most prestigious academic journals in the field of mass communication in India. It provides academicians, research scholars, and media practitioners a platform to publish their articles, case studies and research papers related to the field of mass communication. The journal also publishes reviews of books and research articles.
Communicator, which has been in publication since 1965, endeavors to make available original works, based on theoretical analyses and empirical studies, for the benefit of scholars, practitioners and policy makers.
Periodicity: Quarterly (Jan-March, April-June, July-Sept and Oct- Dec)
Editor: Professor Vijay Parmar
Guidelines for Authors
Communicator focuses on a wide range of issues related to media and communication and welcomes articles that are primarily based on communications discourse and current media debates.
Communicator receives articles, case studies, review articles and research papers with following specifications:
· The text format should be double-spaced, 12-point font size in Times New Roman.
· Manuscript should be submitted in word document (.doc/docx) format only; we do not accept PDF files.
· The manuscript should not be more then 7000-8000 words.
· All tables, figures, appendices and endnotes should be placed after references.
· All submissions must include a short biographical note for each author.
· For research papers
o An abstract of not more than 150-200 words should be included in a separate electronic file, and indicate details about the author, contact information, institutional affiliation etc.
o Submissions must conform to the stylistic guidelines of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th edition).
o Research papers submitted to the journal are subject to peer review based on initial screening by Editorial Team and blind review process.
· Submissions must be unpublished original manuscripts, not under review elsewhere, and should include declaration of original work.
· Copyright of the article and other materials published in the journal shall lie with the publisher.
Submissions should be addressed to:
Indian Institute of Mass Communication,
The Editorial Board
Shri. K.G. Suresh Director General & Chief Editor
Prof. Vijay Parmar, Editor, Communicator
Prof. Hemant Joshi, Editor, Sanchar Madhyam
Shri Rahul Jalali, Member
Shri Ram Kripal Singh, Member
Shri Mayank K Agrawal, Publisher & Printer