Dean of Students Welfare (DSW) Dr. Anubhuti Yadav
- The Dean of Students Welfare shall look after the general welfare of the students outside the classroom which contribute to the growth and development of their personality. The DSW shall endeavour to promote understanding among the students for full realisation of their potential through fruitful intellectual, social and cultural life in the Institute.
- The DSW shall assist the DG, IIMC in all matters affecting, students generally and shall exercise such powers and perform such other duties as assigned to the DSW by the Director General.
- In addition to all other duties, the DSW shall perform duties and functions in respect of the following matters in consultation and co-ordination with other relevant officers and units of the Institute:
a) Arrangement of facilities for educational tours and excursions and participation in
Co-curricular and sports activities outside the Institute;
b) Organisation of social and cultural activities with student participation;
c) Organisation of student bodies in the Institute and their functioning;
d) Student-teacher / non-teaching staff relationship;
e) Financial aid to needy students;
f) Securing fellowships or scholarships for further studies in the country or abroad;
g) Health and medical services;
h) Students’ counselling;
i) Special arrangement to be provided, if any, to women students, and differently abled
j) Liaison between Institute Administration and students;
k) Student-information services;
l) Alumni Association;
Decide and distribute scholarships and
m) Issue of certificates as authorised and delegated by the Director General.
- The DSW shall maintain essential particulars of each student from the date of his enrolment in the Institute.
- The DSW may communicate with the parents/guardians of the students in respect of any matter requiring assistance and co-operation of the parents/guardians.
- The DSW shall function under the control of the Director General and will be a member of Discipline Committee and other Committees involving students and student’s matters.
- The DSW shall report to the Director General cases of students who require special attention or whose conduct and activities are not in the best interests of the Institute or who are not likely to profit by their continuance in the Institute.
- Provided that if the work of the Dean Students’ Welfare is not satisfactory, the Director General shall remove him/her from the post of DSW.
- So far Regional Centres are concerned; DSW will be assisted by Sh. Kedarnath Jena, S.O at Dhenkanal Centre and Special Officers at the other Centres.